Lazada

Lazada Philippines Lazada Philippines Lazada Philippines

Friday, July 15, 2016

Flying LED (Fireflies encounter at Puerto Princess Palawan)


     This is one of the attractions (a must tourist activity) in PPS. We decided to booked this tour through our hotel. Cost Php 1100 but we did haggled and they granted the Price of Php 1000 each.

     Going to Iwahig River requires a lot of patience. It requires approx ~40mins to 1 hr travel time (depending on the traffic). We left our hotel at 6:30 PM. Inside the van, I’m started to feel bored, but because of our tour guide (Ernie) we were entertained well and didn’t kill by boredom. He was talented as we were like watching an entertainment show on TV with his little Puppet. 

     Because of the show, we didn’t noticed that we already reached our destination. Upon arrival,

 we registered and had a buffet dinner first since we were arrived earlier as scheduled time of 8:30 PM. 


Registering at the Information
The dinner buffet was just so-so. 

Worth Php 500 pesos... Unli food.. Dinner buffet


     After dinner, we are ready to take the tour. Luckily, there is no queue on the firefly watching lane, so we were on-board immediately to the paddle boat. My excitement got in higher level as we across the lane to the boat with a quote on my mind saying “Yes! Finally I could see the fireflies!”.

     While the boat is moving I got more excited... but when the boat turn to the route where the mangroves are... I feel shocked because its dark all around. I can’t even take a photo since I’m not that professional enough to take one during this kind of scenario (allowed no light photography only). And plus my DSLR is for beginner only.



Sorry..this is my best shot.
     I was dismayed on what I saw. Less fireflies on mangroves and some mangrove had no even one. I feel that I wasted my time and money. You know what?…. the most frustrating for me is that there is no star in the sky for "star gazing" due to rainy season and there was a rain before we take the tour that time.

     To made my tour not wasted, instead of enjoying the view watching the few firefly... I enjoyed myself playing on water that sparks when you ticked or just hold a stick onto the water while the moving. The sparks were created by the plankton, I amazed how the plankton was. And some of the fireflies flew above us that made me more childish that trying to catch one (hahahaha..). Even though, less firefly and no star gazing... I was educated about firefly because of our tour guide. Our tour guide was very informative. Telling us about the firefly... How they are courting, make-love, and living. Also taught us what is the significant or sign of having firefly. How about you? Can you guess why there is a firefly on a specific places? Take the tour and its for you to find out.

The tour lasted for about 30 mins.


Tips:
Tip 1: I suggest don't take this tour on rainy season. Fireflies peek season as per tour guide is from Dec-January.


Tip 2: Put an off-lotion. For your protection since there's a lot of trees, mangroves, and flowers around the place, mosquitoes also everywhere.


Tip 3: Use a high-end cam as possible to take a picture. (No light photography advised)


Tip 4: If possible, try to arrange a tour without the buffet or do DIY IT. The park starts at 7:00 PM.  I heard there is a floating restaurant... Try it out.   

No comments:

Post a Comment